A new joint venture, which is to be established by the two companies, will conduct all project preparations, among them the elaboration of project documentation, construction plans and field development programs, a press release from Gazprom informs.
Gazprom is likely to get a 75 percent take of the new company, while Novatek will get the remaining 25 percent.
The agreement, which was signed on Thursday, includes the Tambey group of fields, among them Novatek’s South Tambey field. Also the Tasiiskoye field and the Salmanovskoye field are likely to be included in the joint venture.
The Tambey fields are located partly on land, partly offshore, in the Yamal Penisula, the Ob Bay and the Gydan peninsula.
With the agreement, the projected Yamal LNG plant is likely to get more sources of gas. So far, the project has been designed for gas from only the South Tambey field and the project development company has included only Novatek (80%) and Total (20%). The agreement might also stagger Novatek’s attempt to break through Gazprom’s export monopoly.
A key component of the Yamal LNG project is also the development of the Sabetta port. As previously reported, the the Russian government is reportedly investing 47.2 billion RUB (€1.15 billion) in the port and adjacent infrastructure, while private investments in the infrastructure facilities amount to 25.9 billion RUB (€640 million). When completed, reportedly in 2016, the port will be able to handle specially designed Arctic LNG carriers shipping liquefied gas from the field to European, South American and Asian markets.
Russia’s only aircraft carrier, the Northern Fleet’s “Admiral Kuznetsov”, has finished repairs and is ready to leave the port of Murmansk. According to a Russian news agency, the vessel will sail to Syria.
A century and a half ago, Norway was home to roughly three thousand brown bears, the majority of bears in all of Scandinavia. By 1930, the bears were virtually extinct. Decades of aggressive management tactics and bounties had wiped out one of the area’s most iconic species.
Microplastics, the tiny plastic particles that are accumulating in marine waters and big lakes around the world, are now showing up in the Arctic waters south and southwest of Svalbard, Norway, a new study says.
REYKJAVIK: The climatic changes taking place in the Arctic are a call to action for the world. We must answer with more international cooperation and more research, says Tore Hattrem, State Secretary of Norway’s Foreign Ministry.
“Partnership should and shall shape the development of the Arctic, therefore cooperation is the starting point for our Arctic policy,” Vladimir Barbin, Senior Arctic Official and representative to the Arctic Council, said at the Arctic Circle 2015 assembly.
August 9th, the Barents Region celebrated the UN International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples. The day was commemorated in several parts of the region, including Karasjok in Northern Norway and Teriberka in Northwestern Russia.
Norway’s Foreign Minister Børge Brende has asked Russia for an explanation to the high number of asylum seekers coming to Norway via Russia. Syrian refugees that have lived in Russia for a long time, will be stopped on the border and sent back.